"Mama’s should not be in the Kitchen on Mother’s Day"
Mothers and grandmothers were the inspiration for the menu at Riccardo’s Italian Restaurant, so it’s only fitting that we pay a proper tribute on Mothering Sunday. On March 30th bring your mums, grandmothers and the mothers of your children to lunch or dinner at Riccardo’s to celebrate. To show our appreciation for all the mums who dine with us on their special day, we’ll treat them to a complimentary glass of fizz with their meal. (Just mention this blog and your server will take care of it)
We hope to see you and your family on Mother’s Day.
To make a reservation, please call +44 (0) 207 370 6656.
If you are unable to celebrate at Riccardo’s on Mother’s Day, we still have a special treat for you and the mothers in your life. They say the best gifts are the ones you make yourself, so why not treat your mum to our delicious Chocolate Almond Cake? This year tell her put her feet up and relax while you scoot into the kitchen to whip up this sinfully delicious, gluten-free recipe that’s sure to make her feel special, loved and appreciated!
SAUCE:200 g of granulated sugar 200 g of fresh orange juice 1 shot of Cointreau/Grand Marnier Vanilla ice cream
1. Melt 300g chocolate buttons over a bain-marie.
2. Meanwhile separate 5 eggs. Take the egg white, add 100g icing sugar and put it in a mixer. When the egg white is half stiff take out and place on side.
3. Take 300g roasted almonds and crush them.
4. Add 200g of unsalted butter into a mixing bowl. Add 100g icing sugar and mix.
5. While this is mixing, take a cake form and butter it. Cut baking paper in circle and place in the form.
6. When the butter is mixed, add egg yolks and mix. Afterwards add the crushed almonds.
7. When the chocolate is fully melted, take it off the oven and add to the mix. Mix a bit in the mixer, take out and mix by hand.
8. Add 0.5g vanillina to the mix.
9. Preheat oven to 200°.
10. Fold the egg white bit by bit under the chocolate mix. Once all is in, fill the mix into the cake form and spread it out evenly.
11. Place the cake in the oven and reduce heat to 180°. Bake for 45min. Afterwards turn off oven, but leave cake inside for further 10min.
12. Take cake out and let it cool down for 30min.