The story behind Riccardo’s Restaurant comes from Riccardo’s Tuscan roots and his love for the region and country. Tuscany is where his father comes from and where he always enjoyed visiting his Grandmother. So many glorious memories, mostly to do with the delicious things she cooked for their family. Everyone adored her food!
Tuscany is located in the central region of the country and often regarded as the most beautiful region of Italy. The rolling hills, historical landmarks and jaw dropping sunsets are absolutely breathtaking.
Home to 3.8 million inhabitants and consists of 10 different provinces; Florence, Arezzo, Grosseto, Livorno, Lucca, Massa Carrara, Pisa, Pistoia, Prato and Siena.
Each one being beautiful, unique and completely worth visiting. From Renaissance art and architecture to magnificent views and landscapes.
Perhaps you’ve booked a cheeky trip away, or maybe searching for your next holiday destination. Tuscany is definitely a fantastic option! And we’ve discovered the best places to visit in Tuscany to suit everyone…
5 Best Places to visit in Tuscany
- Florence – The most obvious choice and so rightly, the capital of Tuscany! Home to renaissance art and architecture and regarded as one of the best European cities. Not only this, culture is bursting from this incredible place, with opera, classical music, contemporary art and a thriving nightlife scene for the younger generation. Climb the Piazza del Duomo and see 360 views over all of Florence, or gently meander down the Arno in a traditional wooden boat. Florence really does have it all!
- Siena – A medieval dream! Renowned for its annual horse race run around the piazza every summer and also featured in Quantum of Solace, a James Bond classic. Italy has many beautiful cathedrals, however the Duomo de Siena stands out by a mile. The gothic exterior and mosaic decorated floor is truly one of a kind. If you are there on a Wednesday, make sure you stop by the market where you can find incredible clothes, food and souvenirs!
- Pisa – You probably have heard of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the iconic free standing bell tower (which is also Pisa’s cathedral), that is on the most insane 10 degree tilt! This is a huge attraction and brings in over 5 million visitors a year. Pisa does have a lot more to offer, including over 20 historical churches, world class museums and a fantastic food scene.
- Montecatini Terme – If you’re looking for somewhere to relax, this is your spot. Renowned for its spa and wellness facilities and in particular thermal baths. Not only is Montecatini terme Tuscany’s favourite spa town, but also full of trendy bars, restaurants and theatres.
- San Gimignano – A beautiful Italian hill town, full of history and exquisite wines. A UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1990, attracting lots of visitors to this wonderful walled town. Close to Florence and Pisa and definitely worth the trip, even for a day to appreciate all the history.
If you can’t sneak away to Tuscany, then book a table at Riccardo’s Italian Restaurant and we will try have you believing that you’re there! With authentic tuscan food, warm colours and friendly employees you can truly relax and indulge. Call 020 7370 6656 to book or pop into 126 Fulham Road, Chelsea, SW3 6HU and speak to one of our lovely team.